Northwest Kidney Centers
Northwest Kidney Centers keeps people alive with dialysis care, educates the public about kidney health, and collaborates with University of Washington Medicine in the Kidney Research Institute. It is one of very few community-based, nonprofit dialysis providers in the country. Founded in Seattle in 1962, Northwest Kidney Centers was the first out-of-hospital dialysis program in the world.
It now serves patients in more than a dozen outpatient dialysis clinics and most Seattle-area hospitals. Its home dialysis program began in 1967 and has been the site for many innovations and studies. Health professionals from around the world travel to Seattle for training and consultation at Northwest Kidney Centers.
The organization’s mission is to promote the optimal health, quality of life, and independence of people with kidney disease through patient care, education, and research.
Northwest Kidney Centers clinics: See all Northwest Kidney Centers clinics that offer home dialysis therapies.
- Northwest Kidney Centers
- 700 Broadway
- Seattle, 98122
- Phone: 206-292-2771
- Website: nwkidney.org
Northwest Kidney Centers has been a sponsor of Home Dialysis Central since 2004
- Dad doesn’t miss a thing thanks to home dialysis
- Keep doing what you love: tennis, anyone?
- Man on the move: Tracy lives a full life with dialysis on the go
- It’s not the end of the world, for sure. It’s 99% mental.
- Growing support for people on home dialysis in the Seattle area
- PD allows Dave to keep going with activities he loves